China Visa Requirements

What documents will be required?

A. All applicants are required to submit the following documents:

(1) A valid original passport. There must be blank visa pages in the passport. Pages for endorsements or amendments can not be used as a visa page. The passport should be valid for at least 6 months;
(2) One completed Chinese Visa Application Form signed by the applicant. Children’s application form can be signed by their parents or guardians;
(3) One recent passport photograph affixed to the visa application form. Life photos, copied photos and digital photos printed on ordinary paper are not acceptable.

B. Additional documents:

1. L visa
(1)Documents mentioned in part A;
(2)A copy of outward and return flight ticket booking;
(3)A copy of Chinese hotel booking (please note the applicants who are below 14 years old or born in China (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan) as shown in the passport are not required to provide this);

If the applicant is going to stay at a relative or friend’s home while visiting China, and therefore unable to provide hotel booking, an invitation letter containing the inviter’s home address and telephone, and a copy of the inviter’s ID card or residence permit should be provided instead.

For applicants who are going to Tibet, an entry permit issued by Tibetan Tourist Bureau is required . (Fax number of Tibetan Tourist Bureau: 0086-891-6834632; Telephone number:0086-891-6834313)

2. F visa
(1)Documents mentioned in part A;
(2)A copy of outward and return flight ticket booking;
(3)A copy of Chinese hotel booking;
(4)Visa Notification Form (which is issued by the relevant department of Chinese government, companies or institutions, under the authorization of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China. Detailed information can be obtained from the Foreign Affairs Office of the relevant province, autonomous region and municipality where the inviting party resides.);

3. X visa (for studying more than 6 months in China)
(1)Documents mentioned in part A;
(2)JW-201 or JW-202 form issued by the Ministry of Education of China;
(3)A letter of admission from a Chinese University/College.

4. Z visa (for long-term working)
(1)Documents mentioned in part A;
(2)An employment permit from the Ministry of Labour and Social Security or the State Administration of Foreign Experts of China;
(3)An invitation letter from a relevant Department of Chinese Government or a government-authorized company.

5. J-1 or J-2 visa (for journalism)
(1)Documents mentioned in part A;
(2)A letter from a relevant Department of Chinese government;
(3)A letter from the employer.

6. G visa (for transit through China)
(1)Documents mentioned in part A;
(2)A copy of Chinese hotel booking;
(3)A copy of outward and return flight ticket booking;
(4)A valid visa for the country of destination.

NOTE 1: For applicants from some specific countries, additional documents other than those mentioned above may be required.

NOTE 2: Applicants should check the issued visa upon collection and if necessary raise any queries at the same time. If there is no immediate query relating to the issued visa, the applicant is held responsible under any circumstances thereafter.

Time required to issue visa:
The regular visa processing time is 4 working days. Express service takes 1 working day. For express service, additional fees of $15 (GBP10) per person for 1 working day processing, or $10 (GBP6) per person for 2-3 working days processing will be charged. For the same day service, the applications must be submitted before 11:00 am. The collection time for the same day service is between 11:30 am and 12:00 am on that day.

Find more information directly at:

China Embassy

Source & Copyright: The source of the above visa and immigration information and copyright owner/s is the:
– Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the People’s Republic of China – URL:
– Embassy of the Peoples Republic of China in the United Kingdom – URL:
– Embassy of People’s Republic of China in the United States of America – URL:

Country : China
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.